Saturday, April 08, 2017

March Adventures: Softball & China

March was a very exciting and very busy month.  Elsa started playing softball.  She has practice once a week at her school, and on March 15th she had her first game!
It was so exciting for me to see her pictures.  I couldn't be there because I was in Shanghai for two weeks for work.  Over my weekend, while Elsa was batting away, I flew to Xi'an and visited the Terra Cotta Warriors, otherwise known as the Emperor Qinshihuang's Mausoleum Site Museum.
My history tour of China continued, as I also visted the Hua Qing Place and the Li Mountain Tao Temple. 
Back in Shanghai, I took myself on walking tours in the rain, exploring the neighborhoods and the Bund.
It was great to get home, and just in time for Arne's birthday.  Elsa did a wonderful job decorating a  cake for him and we enjoyed a very happy birthday.