I was very excited to take the kids back to Princeton. We took Elsa 5 years ago for my 15th Reunion and it was exciting to return for my 20th! We headed out on a red-eye on Wednesday night, and my little monsters were quite good, sleeping most of the flight.
We then headed via train to campus and got our room - Blair 103 - in the same courtyard I lived in as a student! It was also nice and quiet; the 50th reunion was celebrating in that courtyard. The highlight for the kids was playing in the fountain. We spent a lot of time in the fountain because it was very hot and humid. We made 5 trips to the fountain!
The kids stayed up very late (1:30 AM, but they were still on Pacific time) and slept in late. They were pretty good sleepers once we got them down.
I enjoyed seeing friends from from the east coast and doing things we did in the past, like going to Arch to listen to the acapella groups sing, eating together, watching the fireworks, and even racing on Lake Carnegie.
I also enjoyed visiting with my old professor. I wrote my thesis on autonomous vehicles, which are now almost a reality!
The kids really like riding the Rover (golf carts) - a very fun way to get around - maybe in 5 years there will be autonomous rovers!
The big highlight for the weekend was the P-Rade - a Princeton parade. We hung out with friends on the grass waiting for it to start and then enjoyed walking. Liam was on my shoulders, until he fell asleep!
I flew home with the kids on Sunday and Arne flew off to volleyball Nationals in Florida. A great trip for all.
The other highlight was going to get ice cream! Yummy! We ate a lot of ice cream.
The kids stayed up very late (1:30 AM, but they were still on Pacific time) and slept in late. They were pretty good sleepers once we got them down.
I enjoyed seeing friends from from the east coast and doing things we did in the past, like going to Arch to listen to the acapella groups sing, eating together, watching the fireworks, and even racing on Lake Carnegie.
I also enjoyed visiting with my old professor. I wrote my thesis on autonomous vehicles, which are now almost a reality!
The kids really like riding the Rover (golf carts) - a very fun way to get around - maybe in 5 years there will be autonomous rovers!
The big highlight for the weekend was the P-Rade - a Princeton parade. We hung out with friends on the grass waiting for it to start and then enjoyed walking. Liam was on my shoulders, until he fell asleep!
I flew home with the kids on Sunday and Arne flew off to volleyball Nationals in Florida. A great trip for all.







