Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fall Colors



For the weekend after my 32nd birthday, after a breakfast at the Harvard Club with my friend Lora from California, I headed up into the heart of New England, Vermont and New Hampture.



Friday afternoon was spent wandering the Dartmouth campus, then heading across the road to Norwich, VT, to visit Amy. I think the major tourist attraction (besides the natural beauty) is the King Arthur Bakery Store. My friend Amy from Princeton is now a professor at Dartmouth. She invited over Kristin Fountain, another one of our classmates who writes for the Valley News, for a girls night.



The next morning, Amy and I went for a walk on her local roads, checking out the Vermont colors, in a foggy but beautiful morning. After our walk, I headed out, driving across New Hampture and into the White Mountains, to visit with the Shen and Mlyniec families at Phoebe's family cabin called Far Mountain. The drive across New Hampture was beautiful.







It was fun to arrive at the cabin and take a nap in the warm afternoon.



We then opened up the cabin, went for a walk to the brook, and then got ready for a campfire dinner. It was fun making the "Hobo Dinner" which is a lot of yummy stuff in tin foil that you put on the fire! It was wonderful, but what was the best, was making S'Mores for dessert. It has been too long since I roasted marshmallows.



It was early to bed and then early to rise for a beautiful fall day - sunny and clear and perfect for a hike. We ate breakfast (including some blueberry muffins from King Arthur's Bakery) and then headed out for a hike at Welsh-Dickey. It was an amazing hike - with good friends.






After a beautiful day in the hills, I headed back to Boston ready for another week of Fall.

See a whole set of my pictures on the web here:
Fall Colors Pictures.