Sunday, October 31, 2021

October Mountain Adventures

We started off the month heading up to Fallen Leaf Lake for a weekend of Princeton in the Sierras.  It was great to return to camp and enjoy mountain time, although it was super cold.  I learned that Liam had outgrown some of his cold weather clothes that we had not worn in a year and a half.

On Saturday morning, Arne and I enjoyed a hike around part of the lake while the kids did age group activities. 
We all enjoyed the meals served to us.  Elsa spend a lot of time with other kids.
Liam and I went canoeing.

And he loved doing the climbing wall.

And then scrambling down the hill with Arne.
Elsa did paddle boating with other kids.
She and Liam are fun, but no longer good about pictures together. 
The last morning Liam and I went paddle boating. 
One of the highlights was the Saturday night Dance Party - Liam is a Dancer!

Two weeks later, Liam and I spent a weekend at the Scout Reservation in the Santa Cruz Mountains for Cub-On, a cub scout camping weekend. 
It was super fun.  Liam loved trying archery, BB Gun, sling shot, whittling, candle making, and other adventures, like the spooky trail.





It was nice to have a special weekend with him.