Sunday, September 30, 2018

Elsa's Fall 2018 Girl Scout Camping Adventure

Last weekend, once school got out on Friday, I took Elsa's girl scout troop on their first two night camping trip. After school we headed down to New Brighton State Beach near Santa Cruz. The girls loved playing in the trees.
We walked to the beach picking wild blackberries.
We made a fire and eat our pasta dinner in the dark.
The girls had fun in the tent and stayed up late.
The next morning we made pancakes.
Then it was back to the beach to watch the fishermen.  They found a simmering fire that they put out.
We stopped by the ranger station and did an art project.
Then the rest of the girls arrive and we headed back to the beach to ride the waves.
I had a good group of moms helping out.
I left for the night because Elsa asked for a night without me.  What a night it was! Elsa fell and scraped her face. In the morning her eye was swollen. Oh my! It was still a great time for all the girls.